According to Microsoft people have moved on, they have explored and adopted online communication / connected technologies to such a degree that they are almost unrecognizable compared to only five years ago.
People have an adoption mindset and culture, contrast to companies who calculate and protect.
- As businesses are ready to settle for the first generation Internet, people are already adopting the second and third. This has created a gap that the presentation tries point out, and help corporations understand what online has become and where it is headed.
This is the first of several parts:
– The introduction, which is mainly concerned with stating the gap between people and corporations.
penetration (entering your partner)? viagra generic sclerosis and depression have also shown sildenafil to be.
. The gap: 80% of what Europeans do online today didn’t exist in their lives five years ago. – Microsoft 2010
- 3. Think about that, five years ago most people didn’t have either Facebook or smart phones in their lives.
- – The Internet was nothing but a wall of web pages that you had to visit – with almost physically cumbersomeness. Hyper linking was the most impressive thing it did.
– Phones where something you used to talk to people, the buttons where numbers or letters – a button did nothing more than present a digit. Today buttons are applications, one push and the phone becomes a gaming platform, a social network or tool for locating you in the world.
Imagine the leap that people, you and me included, have made these last years.
- 4. This is the thing with people, they are crazy, and unpredictable … they are adopters, they are curious and they are looking for opportunities.
- 5. And this is where businesses are failing…
- 6. Because, polar to people, business is static and predictable. People are dancers and companies are calculators.
Businesses take steps into worlds that are already known and explored, or incrementally tries to improve something that might already be good enough or uninteresting.
If you want to see the future, you need to look at people – not businesses. And so we need to understand why people today, you and me included, are generations ahead of companies when it comes to exploring and taking advantage of connected technology…
- 7. Ask this question: Has corporations adopted new habits with the same eagerness and interest as people?
And why hasn’t it?
Is it because they don’t want to, or is it because their way of thinking when it comes to online is something completely different from the way people are thinking about and approaching online?
- 8.Jeff Bezos, CEO of Amazon.com says: “We are at the light bulb stage of the internet”
We are in the first generation of online services, and if the current generation of businesses are struggling with understanding the opportunities in this generation, then it’s hard to imagine how they will cope with the changes coming in the second, third and fourth generation.