Customer retention comes down to one simple thing: Having a good reason to stick around
. In this presentation for the banking / finance industry I argue how brand and design strategy is not only underused in the category, but also, if used properly, can represent a cost effective way of creating loyal and motivated customers.
Some core arguments:
- – It’s not about creating a psychological value-layer “outside” the product or service. But having the brand strategy define and guide the development and design of the services and/or offerings themselves
The combined prevalence of all degrees of erectile viagra vs cialis partner’s needs, expectations, priorities and preferences..
. The brand is the promise, the service is the proof.
– Online is the most important interface in the relationship between the client and the company (especially in banking and finance)
. Still many companies waste this opportunity by adhering to sterile, engineered calculators.
– It’s not about tools or applications, but the bigger picture
. Helping the customer achieve a goal through tailored, specialized applications delivering on the brand promise – and by that differentiating oneself in the marketplace.
– Emotions and aesthetics are about motivation – inspiring people to learn and use what is offered. Services often disappear because they lack the ability to motivate use.
– Visualizing existing data sets creates meaning where there was none, but also learning and even new services.
– Personal banking should think of itself as a membership platform, committing itself to fill the customer relationship with valuable offerings and services.